Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Walter Reeves - Gardening in Georgia

I keep mentioning Water Reeves and his show "Gardening in Georgia". He is a retired Extension Agent from Georgia and is emmensely knowledgable about gardening. You should check out his show if you're at all interested in gardening. It comes on Georgia Public Television (GPB) on Wednesday nights at 7pm and again on Saturday at 12:30 and 6:30.

Walter Reeves is a recent discovery for me as my father told me about him and his show just a few weeks ago. I'm not sure how I gardened before I watched "Gardening in Georgia!"

4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of him but will plan to tune in this weekend. I need all the gardening help that I can get! My heart is in it, but my results are not very dazzling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're as impressed with him as I am! I'm such a nerd. This weeks show is about peach trees, container gardens, and ferns for southern gardens. Hope you learn how to improve your results! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out Kate!

    All are welcome to join me on radio on Saturday mornings on WSB and on the TV show as well!

    BTW - the thistle of May 19 looks to be a milk thistle.

    Do a Google image search on Silybum marianum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome! I have learned so much from your show and website. This blog started out as a class project but has turned into a genuine interest and I hope to continue it. Thanks for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete